The Collection of and Use of Information you Submit
You will be submitting various information to us as a consequence of registering for a My Sessions page, registering as a Select practitioner, filling in forms, purchasing services, booking assessments and sessions, filling out your online assessment and taking part in online sessions and assessments and practitioner interviews. This information may be collected via telephone, email, mail, face to face conversations, or directly through our website.
We may use this information submitted for the purpose of communicating with you and / or fulfilling our services to you. We will not sell or disclose your information to third parties except to the extent that you have consented to such disclosure. We may use your email address or mobile phone number to communicate our products to you, or remind you of or follow up subsequent to our services. You can elect for us not to do this by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will make every effort to ensure the security and privacy of your submitted information. Because of the inherent risks involved in the transmission and holding of information on the internet we are unable to guarantee the security of your submitted information.
We will make every effort to ensure the security and privacy of your submitted information. Because of the inherent risks involved in the transmission and holding of information on the internet we are unable to guarantee the security of your submitted information. Select Counsellors uses the eWAY Payment Gateway for its online credit card transactions. eWAY processes online credit card transactions for thousands of Australian merchants, providing a safe and secure means of collecting payments via the Internet. All online credit card transactions performed on this site using the eWAY gateway are secured payments.
- Payments are fully automated with an immediate response.
- Your complete credit card number cannot be viewed by Select Counsellors or any outside party.
- All transactions are performed under 128 Bit SSL Certificate.
- All transaction data is encrypted for storage within eWAY’s bank-grade data centre, further protecting your credit card data.
- eWAY is an authorised third party processor for all the major Australian banks.
eWAY at no time touches your funds; all monies are directly transferred from your credit card to the merchant account held by Select Counsellors. For more information about eWAY and online credit card payments, please visit www.eWAY.com.au
We will archive your personal information in a secured and locked section either electronically or in a physical locked cabinet for a period of 7 years. It can only be accessed when required by law from you through the Freedom of Information Act. Seven years after the last client contact it will be destroyed by electronic deletion or shredding.
Cookies (this is a small amount of data that a website places on your computer when you visit it) may be used in connection with the use of our site.
Our server may also record a range of information relating to your access and use of our site. We may examine this data in the context of your use of our site.
Links on Select Counsellors website to external entities are not covered within this policy. The terms and conditions set out in this privacy statement only cover the domain name of www.selectcounsellors.com.
Your confidentiality is maintained at all times other than in the event of the exceptions to confidentiality below.
Your information is collected by us for the purpose of assisting us in the matching of you with your best fit therapist and in the provision of counselling services.
Your information will be stored securely and archived for a minimum period of seven years.
Exceptions to Confidentiality
Confidentiality between you and Select Counsellors is waived in the following circumstances:-
- if we believe that you or anyone else are in danger of doing harm to yourself
- if we believe that you or anyone else are harming or intending to harm someone else
- if we believe that you are intending to commit a serious criminal offence
- if a court of law subpoenas your files.
- if you have undergone an Assessment the Assessment Team will have access to relevant information that is important to the process of matching you to your practitioner.
- the practitioner that you are matched with will receive a copy of your Assessment interview.
- In the field of counselling and psychology it is common practice for practitioners to consult with a Supervisor. It is possible that your case may be discussed with a Supervisor engaged by your practitioner. In this event your privacy will be respected and they will have their own Confidentiality policy.
To find out more about select counsellors click on the links below:
At Select Counsellors our key priority is Finding you the One. To book an assessment click here or call on 1300 123 680 to speak in person with a Select Counsellor.